What Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is
Individual cognitive behavioral therapy is treatment based on one-on-one, face-to-face conversations with a Victory Recovery Partners (VRP) therapist who is experienced in addiction and substance use disorder.
How Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Works
In cognitive behavioral therapy, a patient works with one of VRP’s behavioral health professionals in private sessions to acquire self-knowledge, insight into addiction, and a stronger sense of inner strength. Frequency of therapy depends on each patient’s individual needs. Some VRP patients undergo individual cognitive behavioral therapy once a month, while others visit us weekly or even more frequently.
A therapy session can touch on many topics, such as:
- Each patient’s progress in the VRP program
- Personal obstacles to recovery
- Cravings or withdrawal symptoms
- Experiences with new coping skills
- A patient’s individual goals for the immediate future
- Helping each patient build self-esteem and increase their desire to recover
Benefits of individual cognitive behavioral therapy include:
- Privacy and confidentiality.
- One-on-one time with a VRP behavioral health clinician who is highly trained in the treatment of substance use disorder.
- Focused work on our patients’ individual, specific issues to empower them to dig deeper and progress faster.
- Providing our patients with a non-judgmental, objective viewpoint about their situations.
- Flexibility and convenience in scheduling sessions.